November 6th, 2020, 6:45pm
Earlier this evening, the City of Airdrie was placed under Enhanced watch status. In accordance with the church board's action from October 20th, Sabbath School and the Main Service are moved back online to ZOOM. This will remain in effect until the Enhanced status is lifted.
Our main concern is for your well being and our community. In addition to the board action, let me say that as your pastor, the last thing I want is for a person, or group of people, to be seriously affected by the virus when we have other options for meeting together, albeit imperfect, available to us.
You can join the meeting by clicking the following link: https://zoom.us/j/6349130513
Or join by phone by dialling 587-328-1099. When prompted, entering the Meeting ID: 634 913 0513 followed by the # key.
October 22nd, 2020, 4:45pm
The church leadership team are continuing to do all we can to keep everyone safe, and make church a place where you, and your family, feel comfortable attending.
To that end, this past Tuesday, our Church Board voted unanimously to update our guidelines and procedures related to COVID-19.
The updates are as follows:
1. Masks are now required when social distancing is not possible (unless there is an underlying medical condition preventing a person from doing so).
2. Every other row will be inaccessible.
3. Attendees must wait to be seated by a deacon or volunteer before entering the Sanctuary.
4. Livestream will be enabled and, subsequently, an overflow space will be created downstairs ASAP.
5. ***If AHS determines the City of Airdrie to be under Enhanced Watch our church will temporarily cease in-person meetings, and will immediately return to ZOOM services online for that time.***
Related to update #2, this reduces our capacity to 75-80 chairs. Until an overflow room with livestream is available, this will mean that seating will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis. While we do not want to turn anyone away, we will need to do so once capacity is reached. Please plan accordingly. The board also decided against online registration for seating because we believe there are number of regular attendees who would have difficulty accessing this, and we do not want to turn attending church into a lottery-type event.
In addition to these updates, I know this time that we are living in can have a negative impact on a person's mental health. If you ever feel that you need additional assistance in this area, please contact Pastor Anthony and or one of our Elders. We will be sure to connect you with the resources and support that you need.
July 16th, 2020 at 10:30am
June 18th at 5:00pm
Reopening Update: On Tuesday, June 16th, our Church Board met to discuss our Church's reopening plan in light of the Alberta Government's Stage 2 Launch on Friday, June 12th.
The board has voted on the following two phased approach to bring us back to in-person worship services as of Sabbath, August 1st, 2020:
Church Office hours resume on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020 (Tues-Thurs, 1-4pm).
- This will include a future pick up time of church mail (specific times TBA)
While awaiting phase two, we recommend establishing family cohorts, in accordance with AHS guidelines, between church members' families.
- This will allow all of us extended fellowship, which can include watching church online together, and even having small group studies.
The church building reopens for in-person services beginning Sabbath, August 1st, 2020.
If AHS guidelines allow for it, we would operate, in terms of capacity and programs, as we did before the March closure.
- Social distancing will be practiced (face masks are recommended for when distancing is not optimal and or possible)
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
- Face masks will be provided for those who do not have their own.
- If you or anyone in your household is feeling, even the slightest bit, ill, please stay home.
- If it is determined we are unable to run our children’s Sabbath School programs at the time of reopening, then adult Sabbath School will be cancelled in place of a children’s program at 10am. More info on this will follow closer to August 1.
- If AHS guidelines allow for it, we would operate, in terms of capacity and programs, as we did before the March closure.
Reasoning Behind Our Decision
While we understand that some may prefer to come together for in person services sooner than this date, there are a number of reasons that lead to the Board's decision. They include:
- The time it will take for each ministry to have the required volunteers in place to facilitate our Main Service and Sabbath School classes.
- We will not receive complimentary face masks from AHS till, at least, the second week in July.
- The Alberta Conference Virtual Camp Meeting (which includes programs for all ages) is scheduled from Sabbath July 17th to Sabbath July 25th (of which our church helped create an evening program for).
- We want to ensure that we are able to meet all of the requirements set out by AHS, and ensure that when we do return, our worship time together will be a blessing for all ages.
The Church Board also voted to establish a Reopening Committee to ensure that we are able to reopen safely and successfully. This committee will also discuss plans for, and the feasibility of, relaunching weekly (club and prayer) meetings at the church.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Anthony Kern, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 825-365-3321.
June 11th at 9:00am
Reopening Update: In light of stage-2 being implemented, our church boards will discuss setting a reopening date at our next Church Board Meetings. Any reopening date will take time to ensure we have volunteers in place to facilitate worship services in addition to assuring we are still able to follow AHS guidelines. Stay tuned for more info following our meetings.
March 27th, 2020 at 3:00pm
March 18th, 2020 at 11:00am
Sabbath School @ 10am
Sabbath Worship Service @ 11am
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting @ 7pm
Or join us by phone by dialling:
587-328-1099 then when prompted, entering the Meeting Id: 634 913 0513 followed by the # key.
You may also join us on Zoom, following the same instructions above, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturday Nights @ 7pm for a brief season of prayer. Where we will simply pray for any prayer requests people may have.
March 18th, 2020 at 10:55am
At Church Office Hours have been suspended.
March 17th, 2020 at 10:25pm
How to Use Zoom:
March 17th, 2020 at 9:40am
- Effective immediately, the Airdrie SDA Church Board has has decided to cancel all in-person meetings that are held at the church. This includes, but is not limited to:
- sabbath school,
- worship service, and
- prayer meeting.
- Weekly meetings held at the church will be moved to an online platform, Zoom, which can be download for free at https://zoom.us
- For those who prefer, or those without access to a computer, meetings can also be attended via telephone.
- Zoom meetings will be held at the following times:
- Sabbath School - Saturday @ 10:00 am
- Worship Service - Saturday @ 11:00 am
- Prayer Meeting - Wednesday @ 7:00 pm
- Season of Prayer - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday @ 7:00 pm (beginning on Tuesday, March 24)
- Updates, Zoom instructional videos, and links to Zoom meetings will be posted on the church website at http://airdrieadventist.ca/
- First instructional video updates expected later today (March 17th, 2020).
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Pastor Anthony Kern:
- Phone: 825-365-3321